Surgical Journey Improvement Group
4 and 5 September 2019 - Sydney
Meeting Code HRT1915
The Surgical Journey Improvement Group benchmarks the surgical patient's journey from entering the hospital through to theatre and on to discharge.
The Roundtable benchmarks activity against National targets and other similar hospitals. We analyse common surgical complications, and compare the efficient use of theatres.
In 2019 the theme for our meeting will be “Load Balancing between Elective and Emergency Surgical Demand". We will use the data to identify the exemplar hospitals in this area, so that they may showcase their innovative approaches to this improvement, with a lessons learnt approach.
We will continue to benchmark and identify the most productive theatres, hospitals with the lowest complications, facilities with the shortest time between ED presentation and theatre.
At the annual workshop delegates share information with the exemplars to learn what measures they have in place that makes them different.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a key liaison contact for questions and follow-up.
- Provide detailed session times and activity data from your Operating Theatre system.
- Identify an improvement project based on the data and share your results with other organisations at the annual meeting.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Analyse and reports on session utilisation.
- Extracts and analyses procedure time data from existing casemix data, to report on session efficiency.
- Provides tools for you to compare waiting list indicators, cancellation rates, and return-to-theatre rates.
- Facilitates the annual workshop and provides a summary report based on the discussions.
- Provide phone and webcast support to all members to assist with data interpretation.