Mindful of the current situation with COVID-19, we are providing a series of no cost webinars in place of the face to face workshop. We encourage you and your colleagues to participate. There is no limit to attendance for employees of HRT member hospitals, but please register each attendee.
Surgical Journey Pandemic Innovations
Theme: Sharing the learnings from our pandemic planning/response
- Surgical Journey members are prolific innovators, so we have set aside two sessions to share this output
- Did your site come up with anything innovative, were there some unexpected learnings along the way, will you change an existing process based on this experience?
- Members to present a 3min pitch sharing their experience to the group
Webinar #1: Tuesday 15 September 2020 1:00-2:30pm (Sydney Time)
Surgical Journey Data Presentation
Surgical Journey Improvement Group Data presentation including the new HRT Surgical Insights platform
Webinar #2: Wednesday 21 October 2020 1:00-2:30pm (Sydney Time)
Steve Bickford, Program Manager, HRT Surgical Journey
Surgical Journey Improvement Group
The 2020 Surgical Journey Improvement Group benchmarks your surgical patient's journey from admission to your hospital, through theatre, on to discharge and potential readmission.
Our exclusive reports provide deep insights into metrics including complications, national targets, theatre utilisation and waitlist to measure Access, Safety and Value.
As always, we will continue to benchmark against your Australian and New Zealand peers highlighting key insights into your facility including variation against exemplar theatres and hospitals.
Specifically, the 2020 Surgical Journey Improvement Group report KPI’s include:
- Time to theatre by Category 1,2 & 3
- Elective cancellation rates
- Procedure time
- Theatre utilisation and efficiency rates
- Wait list by Category 1,2 & 3
- Common Hospital Acquired Complications
- Length of Stay and Readmissions
- Specific high volume DRG analysis
Our unique Workshop creates collaboration and innovation sharing of best practice across Australia and New Zealand members.
After our Surgical Journey Workshop, you will have analysed your data, highlighted an opportunity, leveraged best practice and have an implementation plan ready to present to the workshop the following year.
At the Workshop you will share your innovations with other members to explain what makes you an exemplar and learn from other best practices.
The goals of the Surgical Journey Improvement Group are to:
- Improve the patient’s experience and outcomes in Theatre
- Improve the flow of patients through their overall surgical journey
- Improve efficiency, management and safety in the Operating Theatre
- Reduce elective patient cancellations
- Reduce the "ED Door to Operating Table" time for emergency patients
What do you need to do?
- Designate a key liaison contact for questions and follow-up.
- Provide detailed session times and activity data from your Operating Theatre system.
- Organise a multi-disciplinary Perioperative team to attend our unique workshop
- Identify your improvement innovation and share it with other member health services
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Work with key liaison contacts to plan the annual meeting
- Extract procedure time data from existing casemix data, to report on session efficiency.
- Facilitate the annual workshop to identify innovative practices, integrate data and create action plans
- Assists you to compare waiting list indicators, cancellation rates and return-to-theatre rates