Maternity Service Improvement Group
22-23 March 2017 - Melbourne
Meeting Code HRT1702
The aim of this group is to improve the provision of safe maternity care by sharing information on implementing innovative and effective practices. The group receives 6- monthly reports that contain both operational and clinical data and shares information through an annual workshop.
Post partum haemorrhage (PPH) remains a cause of significant maternal morbidity and is a traumatic event for women and their families. Key to the successful management of PPH is communication and coordination of care.
The Maternity Improvement Group meeting is an excellent forum for discussion of how guidelines have impacted on rates of PPH and outcomes for mothers. It is also a great opportunity to hear from leading experts in the field and share innovations from our membership.
We hope you can join us and share your wisdom as well as gaining new knowledge from your peers.
What do you need to do?
- Designate a maternity liaison representative to act as a key contact with The Health Roundtable on maternity-related issues.
- Review definitions and updated reports for questions, comments, or issues.
- Report progress on current Aim Statements and improvement plans.
- Organise a delegation to attend the annual workshop—up to four people.
- Identify an improvement objective for implementation based on innovative ideas learnt at the workshop, and track progress.
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Produce reports extracting data from the inpatient episode collection, highlighting trends and differences in performance.
- Work with key maternity contacts to organise the annual meeting and any special survey materials.
- Invite expert speakers who can share innovative ideas on the key topic for the workshop.
- Facilitate the annual meeting, and provide a summary report based on the discussions.
- Provide phone and webcast support to all members to assist with data interpretation.