Improving Hospital In The Home
Hospital in the Home (HITH) Improvement Group
Our exclusive Hospital in the Home reports provide a detailed analysis of your facilities service, crucially benchmarking against your peers across Australia and New Zealand.
The 2021 HITH Improvement Group will continue the successful progress made in previous years by:
- Collecting and benchmarking a consistent and complete HITH data set;
- Developing specific HITH benchmarking reports that focus on quality, safe and efficient patient care;
- Measuring and benchmarking performance across the total HITH patient journey including ED, Inpatient and Outpatient Care;
- Analysing the reports to identify unique insights for your organisation;
- Connecting with highly regarded HITH leaders on key topics to improve your HITH practices;
- Sharing and collaborating best practice models of care from your organisation
In 2020/2021, the Health Roundtable has formalised a collaborative partnership, with the HITH Society of Australasia. Members of both organisations will benefit from the close relationship due to our shared interests in providing excellent care to HITH patients.
Conveniently for members, the HRT HITH workshop will align with the HITH Society’s Annual Conference in Canberra currently scheduled for the 10th November 2021 (with the HITH Society conference on the 11th & 12th November 2021).
The HRT will also be presenting a national HITH data presentation at the HITH Society’s annual conference webinar scheduled for the 2nd week in November 2020. More details to come.
Important: In 2021 the HITH Reports are transitioning to our online analytical platform called Insights. See below example images from other Insight platforms. For a custom tour of the benefits of HITH Insights, please contact Ben Wakeling.
The Health Roundtable has developed detailed benchmarking reports to assist services by highlighting key insights and reviewing the success and opportunities in their HITH referrals against peers.
HITH Benchmarking Reports
HITH specific reports include:
- % of all HITH Episodes
- % of all HITH Bed Days
- ALoS for all HITH Episodes
- % of Long Stay Outliers
- Breakdown of HITH Admissions & Discharges by Day of Week
- HITH Readmission Rates
- HITH Aged Group Breakdown
- HITH Patient Complexity and Breakdown
- Departments referring to HITH
- HITH patient journey
- All of the above metrics broken down into Surgery and Medicine partitions as well as key diagnosis's like Cellulitis, Antibiotics, Anticoagulation, Post-Surgical Care and Wound Care.
Hospital in the Home services provide an alternative to traditional hospital-based care, delivering patient centred care where patients report higher satisfaction, superior clinical outcomes and less complications of care. Delivering Acute Care in the home offers many advantages to your service by:
- Improving patient centred care, outcomes and experience
- Reducing your ALoS, RSI, Readmission and HAC rates
- Increasing your hospitals bed capacity
- Improving patient flow through your ED and wards
- Reducing your direct costs.
Our members share successful innovations through our innovation presentations and online innovation library.
For existing HITH services, benchmark your facility with the exemplars.
For new HITH services, learn and adapt existing models of care and develop peer networks that will help you implement and grow HITH services in your facility.
Join this growing group and share your wisdom as well as gaining new knowledge from your peers.
For more information on the HITH Improvement Group please contact Ben Wakeling at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0468993080.
For more information on the HITH Society of Australasia please visit their website HERE contact email@example.com
What do you need to do?
1. Subscribe to the HITH Improvement Group
2. Nominate a key liaison to Health Roundtable for HITH
3. Submit your casemix data
4. Regularly review and analyse your reports, identify your opportunities and celebrate your success with your team
What does The Health Roundtable do?
1. Collate your data
2. Produce your online analytics, highlighting your HITH performance within the total patient journey
3. Enable you to identify your opportunities and success
4. Organise the HITH workshop and help develop your action plans
5. Provide ongoing support around your data and reports