Allied Health Improvement Group
Mindful of the current situation with COVID-19, we are providing a series of no cost webinars in place of the face to face workshop. We encourage you and your colleagues to participate. There is no limit to attendance for employees of HRT member hospitals, but please register each attendee.
Allied Health Pandemic Innovations
Theme: Sharing the learnings from our pandemic planning/response
- Allied Health are prolific innovators, so we have set aside three sessions to share this output
- Did your site come up with anything innovative, were there some unexpected learnings along the way, will you change an existing process based on this experience?
- Members to present a 3min pitch sharing their experience and will nominate a theme for their presentation from the list below
- Patient Access – Expanding capacity to meet demand, changing mode of service delivery, tightening protocols and other efficiency boosts
- Patient Safety – Flow, PPE/Cleaning/Infection Control
- People – Workforce, relationships with other services, rostering
- Wildcard – Everything else (including non-pandemic innovations)
Dates and times:
- Webinar #1: Wednesday 9 September 2020 1:00-2:30pm (Sydney Time)
- Webinar #2: Wednesday 16 September 2020 1:00-2:30pm (Sydney Time)
- Webinar #3: Thursday 15 October 2020 1:00-2:30pm (Sydney Time)
Allied Health Data Presentation
Allied Health Improvement Group Data presentation including the new HRT Imaging Insights platform
Webinar #4: Wednesday 28 October 2020 1:00-2:30pm (Sydney Time)
Steve Bickford, Program Manager, HRT Allied Health
The 2020 Allied Health Improvement Group, in partnership with the Australasian Allied Health Benchmarking Consortium (AAHBC) has been collecting, reporting and comparing Allied Health activity data for over 18 years.
Your data is used to drive change and innovation in the delivery of patient care across Australia and New Zealand.
In 2019, Health Roundtable benchmarked 5.1 million Allied Hours of service across 900,000 patients looking for service outliers and trying to help identify if more or less is better.
Our exclusive reports focuses on Allied Health hospital activity for Inpatients, Outpatients and ED patients highlighting key insights into your facility including variation and exemplars.
Our unique Workshop creates collaboration and innovation sharing of best practice across Australia and New Zealand members. After our Allied Health Workshop, you will have analysed your data, highlighted an opportunity, leveraged best practice and have an implementation plan ready to present to the workshop the following year.
What do you need to do
- Designate a liaison representative as a key contact for this group
- Provide detailed activity data from your Allied Health system
- Use the Allied Health reports to identify differences in practice and contact other participants to identify innovations
- Organise a delegation and attend the annual meeting
- Select an improvement project based on the data and share your results with other organisations at the annual meeting
What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Collect and process your annual Allied Health data
- Merge Allied Health data with inpatient episode data to provide an exclusive suite of comparative reports
- Facilitate the annual workshop to identify innovative practices and encourage action