29th & 30th April 2020 - Melbourne
Meeting Code HRT2005
The Emergency Care Improvement Group aims to improve the provision of high-quality, safe and efficient Emergency Care through tailored data analysis focussing on Access, Safety and Value.
Emergency Care providers face significant challenges in delivering high quality and timely patient care on an ever-present background of increasing patient presentations and finite hospital resources. Any mismatch between patient demand and the hospital’s capacity can compromise the safe delivery of care to the patient within the Emergency Department.
Our exclusive reports highlight key insights for your facility and our unique workshops create collaboration and innovation sharing of best practice across Australia and New Zealand members.
Specifically, the suite of Emergency Care Benchmarking Reports includes analysis on the following:
· Presentations by month, day and time
· Arrival and referral
· Triage performance
· High Intensity User’s
· Top presenting diagnosis’s
· Specific NOF, MH and D&A analysis
· ED Imaging
· Length of Stay and NEAT
· Admission %
· ED Costs per diagnosis
Your Emergency Department has limited control over demand through your front door and how timely your patients leave through the back door.
Investigations and inputs from other services take more time and every moment your patient spends within the Emergency Department is measured and reported.
Referral teams, internal colleagues and external partners need to collaborate with the Emergency team to create high-functioning interfaces, important to the smooth running of any Emergency Department.
In 2020, our workshop will explore:
1. What cohorts should not be managed by the ED, and where should they go instead?
2. The rise of the Acute Physician globally.
After our Emergency Care workshop, you will have analysed your data, highlighted an opportunity, leveraged best practice and have an implementation plan ready to present to the workshop the following year.
The Emergency Care Workshop is an exciting and unique event to:
Learn how to analyse the Emergency Care report data
Identify your organisations opportunities to improve
Celebrate where your teams are exemplars
Listen to leading experts in Emergency Care
Share your innovations to the membership across Australia and New Zealand.
The Emergency Care Improvement Group will be working closely with members to co-design the reporting and workshop format.
What do you need to do?
1. Subscribe to the Emergency Care Improvement Group
2. Designate an Emergency liaison representative as a key contact for this group
3. Extract non-casemix data for your health service and submit as requested
4. Organise a multi-disciplinary Emergency Care team to attend the group meeting
5. Present your latest Emergency Care innovation at the Workshop
6. Develop your Aim Statement and improvement plan
7. Regularly review and analyse your reports, identify your opportunities and celebrate your success with your team
What does The Health Roundtable do?
1. Work with key liaison contacts to plan the annual meeting.
2. Collect and collate your data
3. Produce your reports highlighting your ED’s performance
4. Analyse your Emergency Care data to provide key insights and comparisons amongst members
5. Facilitate the annual workshop including expert speakers, data masterclass and assist in identifying and sharing innovative best practice
6. Enable you to identify your opportunities, develop your Aim statement and improvement plan
7. Provide ongoing support around your data and reports