Financial Performance Improvement Group
7-8 March 2018, Brisbane
2016/17 - Staying ahead of the Pack
Meeting Code HRT1801
This group's goal is to maximise the utility and timeliness of peer, patient cost and revenue comparisons in the pursuit of efficiency, and safe, high quality patient care.
Activity Based Funding will continue as the primary Commonwealth Hospital funding mechanism for at least the next three years. More Health Services are looking for cost and revenue improvement opportunities across all programs. The Health Roundtable provides the most timely, in depth cost and revenue analyses, and peer comparisons in Australia.
The Financial Performance Improvement Group for 2017 will collect, analyse and report
costs and revenues for Financial year 2016/17 across the continuum of care -
Emergency, Acute Inpatients, Mental Health, Subacute and outpatientservices. We will
benchmark your costs and NWAU revenues with your peers and highlight significant
We will highlight the huge cost impost of poor patient care and sub-optimum safety
and quality. We will show your profit and loss for each of these streams using your
own NWAU units. See how much you are making or losing for each episode, clinical
service, clinical department, service stream or your entire health service.
What do you need to do?
- Nominate a key liaison person who will co-ordinate data collection and be a contact for questions and follow up
- Provide periodical data extracts from your costing system in accordance with our specifications
- Promote the use of the financial performance reports in your health service
- Identify and share financial management innovations with your peers
| What does The Health Roundtable do?
- Collects and processes your costing data periodically in accordance with agreed cost allocation specifications
- Facilitates discussion among participating health services and constantly revise and update cyclical reports to meet changing client requirements
- Provides customised, flexible reports to help identify good practice exemplars in effective financial management
- Provides advice and education on all aspects of activity based funding and costing and its application in your health service