Finances Squeezed? Here are four ways Health Roundtable can help
Chief Executive Collaborative Event & AGM
Emergency Arrivals Analysis
Key Performance Indicators
End of Life Care
Hospital in the Home
Patient Blood Management
You are here:
Bunbury Regional Hospital Reduces ALOS for Respiratory Illnesses
| Posted: 1/06/2017 | Views: 792
The Health Roundtable peer comparison reports showed high ALOS and RSI. Objective was to reduce pressure on beds, create and environment for process improvement and improve clinical pathways.
Meetings with the nominated Clinician/ Director of Medical Services at Bunbury Hospital occurred to:
• Discuss the current Respiratory Medicine analysis – High RSI & ALOS for DRGs E62 & E65
• Explore current discharge planning arrangement(s), assess the efficacy of other models for discharge (Nurse-led discharges), and use of reporting tools to better plan discharge
• Review clinical coding through Health Information Managers
Analysis so far indicates that:
• Patients admitted for DRG E62A on a Tuesday had a 42% higher ALOS
• Weekends had significantly lower discharges but have ‘on average’ lower ALOS
• Potential to reduce ALOS and create capacity to treat more patients in current beds
to view a Summary Slide of this Innovation.
You must be logged in to submit a comment.
Calendar Of Activities
Register for a Meeting
A list of each member organisation, including each of their registered facilities, and the name of their personal member. Signed in members can also view the codenames that appear in our reports, and peer grouping information.
Data for Research
28 Foveaux Street
Surry Hills, NSW 2010
In Australia: +61 (02) 8041-1421
In New Zealand: +64 (
09) 889 0332
© 1995-2018 The Health Roundtable
Partners and Members